Health Care Links
Due to the overabundance of healthcare information found on the Internet, it’s often difficult to sort through medical resources to find reliable information. This section offers a number of resources to help you manage your health care. Explore the links below to learn more about Medicare, Medicaid, long-term health care, power of attorney, health care directives, and more.
General Health Care Links
- BenefitsCheckUp Free service that identifies federal and state assistance programs for older Americans. (National Council on the Aging)
- CDC Health Topic - Healthy Aging Covers chronic disease, aging and public health. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Elderly Healthcare Features press releases and research findings. (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- USA.gov Senior Citizens' Resources Formerly FirstGov.com, features consumer protection, health, retirement, and other resources.
- Healthcare.gov Federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap and Managed Care
Long-Term Health Care Links
Power of Attorney and Health Care Directives
- Your Living Will: The New Advance Health Care Directive Effective July 1, 2000, the Natural Death Act and the laws governing Durable Powers of Attorney for Health Care was replaced by the new Health Care Decisions Law (AB 891 Chapter 658). This new, greatly improved, law should improve the value and acceptance of advance directives. (California Medical Association)